FREELANCE SENIOR DESIGNER
January 2016 – Present
I’m currently contracted to GT&I, a boutique, creative agency, heading up their design team, clients include London Square and Value Retail. Previously I’ve worked with some of the UK’s most well known creative agencies including JWT and Tribal Worldwide, on projects ranging from campaign work to developing and refreshing brands and various print and digital work.
• London Square – branding, advertising and corporate communications
• Winkworth – brand campaign including national and regional press, taxi wraps and cinema advertising
• Other clients included Andrex, Legal & General, The AA
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Publicis UK, London
April 2014 – December 2015
I overseen an number of agency accounts most notably luxury real estate developer Barratt London, the wider Barratt Group and David Wilson Homes. Working across multiple channels I produced a range of collateral including print, press, outdoor, digital and retail graphics. My role required me to be hands-on while leading a team of designers on a day to day basis.
• David Wilson Homes – refreshed visual identity and brand logo rolled out across multiple channels
• Royal Mail “MailMen” Campaign – print, direct mail and infographics
• Other clients included Gatwick Airport and EE
ASSOCIATE DESIGN DIRECTOR
Mac DDB, Doha, Qatar
February 2011 – April 2014
As Associate Design Director at Mac DDB, my role was to oversee all design of branding and advertising. Leading by example I delivered compelling design solutions for our clients, from established global brands, through to domestic start-ups. I contributed heavily to brand strategy, developing new design concepts and leading design execution whilst developing/mentoring our team.
• Damien Hirst Relics – exhibition identity and fully integrated campaign
• Qatari Diar Real Estate – commemorative coffee table book and corporate communications
• COP18: UN Climate Change Conference – brand creation
SENIOR DESIGNER / ART DIRECTOR
Adabisc Future Qatar, Doha
July 2007 – February 2011
As Art Director, my role was to produce thought-provoking concepts while making a real difference to our clients’ businesses. I worked in collaboration with a senior copywriter as well as overseeing a team of graphic designers and artworkers. The projects ranged from ad campaigns and identities to print and digital for renowned international and Qatari brands.
• Qatar Telecom – advertising, corporate communications, annual reports and event branding
• Salam Stores – ATL & BTL communications and campaigns
• Other clients include Nandos and Four Seasons Hotels
Brand & Identity Design
ABL, BTL & TTL Communications
BSc – Applied Graphics Technology with Multimedia
Glasgow Caledonian University
HND – Visual Communication, Design & Illustration
Glasgow College of Building and Printing
Create work with real depth, relevance and insight.
Conceptual thinker and effective problem solver.
Strive for excellence and originality in every project.
Highly motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic.
Possess a patience and high attention to detail.
Understanding of briefs and client objectives.
Excellent communication, organisational and client communication skills.
Receptive to feedback and commitment to learning.
Comfortable either in energetic environments or when working independently.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Enjoy motivating and inspiring as well as being inspired.
Adobe Creative Suite CS6
HTML & CSS
Proficient in both Mac & PC